Health & Wellbeing Network
Mid Sussex Health and Wellbeing Network
The Network is made up of organisations with an interest in health and wellbeing in its widest sense including commissioners and providers of services from private, public and voluntary sector organisations
Haywards Heath Town Council
Haywards Heath train station is only a few hundred meters away from the Town Council should you wish to travel by train.
Parking spaces are limited at the Town Council and surrounding roads (restrictions of an hour on nearby roads) so please car share where possible.
The closest car park can be found by the Beech Hurst Harvester on Butler’s Green Road (A272), Haywards Heath, RH16 4BB
Due to COVID current network meetings have been postphoned, as soon as this chnages we shall update all our members and advertise on our website.
The Network would normally meet on a quarterly basis,10am - 12pm (arrive from 9.30am for tea and coffee)
To be confirmed nearer the time, if you would like to promote your service then please get in contact with Nick.Hurley@midsussex.gov.uk
How to book your place?
Call the Mid Sussex Wellbeing Team on 01444 477191 or email email@example.com
Previous Meetings Agendas
Mid Sussex Community Support
Steve Morton – West Sussex County Council, Contextual Safeguarding Delivery Officer - Raise awareness about the West Sussex Way to County Lines drug supply and Cuckooing
Catherine Pardoe - Community & Volunteer Coordinator - YMCA Positive Placements YMCA Positive Placements
Susan Latter – Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust.Update Members on the new Living Well programme for loacl Residents living with a LTMC.
October 2nd 2019
Mid Sussex Community Support
- WSCC Public Health Age Well Campaign - Kate Birrell (Public Health Lead for Ageing Well) – Introducing the new Public Health Ageing Well Campaign.
- Local Energy Advice Partnership - Matthew Bird (Mid Sussex District Council, Sustainability Officer) – Update on the Local Energy Advice Partnership.
- Pathfinder Drop In Sessions - Martin Rhodes (Sussex Oakleaf) – Update on the Tier 2 Mental Health Pathfinder service. Extra information on Pathfinder Pathfinder West Sussex.
April 24th 2019
Connected and Keep learning
- https://www.westsussex.gov.uk/libraries/ - Lousia Cork, Librarian, Whats on offer for Families and other Wellbeing services.
- Mid Sussex Voluntary Action - Sue Edgson , Manager, Volunteering opportunities and training in Mid Sussex.
- Aspire Sussex - Tom Marsden Operations and Development Manager, Learn, enjoy and achieve through the wide selection of learning opportunties through Aspire Sussex.
January 31st 2019
Wellbeing - What we do, how we can help.
- Making Every Contact Count - Dan Barritt programme Manager, Workplace Health & Emotional Wellbeing, Public Health West Sussex.
- Wellbalanced,The Community Falls Prevention Programme - Simon Adby - Active House Solutions and Fiona Clark - Places Leisure.
- Time for Dementia Programme - Rachel Ross Involvement Officer - Opportunity for people with dementia diagnosis and thei carer or partner.
- Sussex Home Improvement Agency- Nick Gracie-Langrick Manager- update on Gas safe gardship funds.
Ocotber 3rd 2018
Housing Support Opportunities
- New Homeless Reduction Act - Samantha Horne - Housing Needs Team Manager MSDC and Alice Morel – Senior Housing Needs Officer.
- Supported Lodgings & Staying Put - Lisa O’Donohue – Practice Manager, West Sussex County Council
July 4th 2018
Advocay and Mental Health
- Mind Advocay - Donna Mian, West Sussex Advocay
- Pathfinder West Sussex - Supporting people with their Mental Health, Mark Savage, Sussex Oakleaf
- Time to Talk Health - Supporting those with Long Term Conditions, Remy Marckus
April 25th 2018
Community Funding & Events 2018
- Transforming Grants, Potential Crowdfunding - Gulu Sibanda, Principlal Community Officer - WSCC
- Grants for Community and Voluntary Groups - Elaine Clarke, MSDC Community Leisure Officer
- MSVA Funding Support - Mandy Cunningham, Community Co-ordinator MSVA
- MSDC Community Development- Regina Choudhury, Community Officer & Sally Blackmore, better young lives Co-coordinator
- Concessionary travel by Taxi - Claire Onslow
January 24th 2018
Keeping Warm & Accessing Support - Mid Sussex
- Heat for Health - Matthew Bird & Catherine Geoghegan - MSDC Sustainability Officer
- Hospital Discharge, Safe & Warm Grants - Jane Gilbert - Team leader - Enviromental Protection & Housing Standards Team.
- Citizens advice BESN and Smart Meter Projects- Dipesh Palana - Central & South Sussex Citizens Advice. Further information on Smart Meters can be found here Citizens advice Smart Meter Roll Out.
October 4th 2017
Support to Access Community Services
- Wellbeing Coaches - Jack Newnham - Health Coordinator Albion In the Community
- Citizens Advice - Financial Support - Lee Furlong - Client Services Manager for Central and South Sussex Citizens Advice www.ctsussex.org.uk
- Community Transport Sussex - Bluebird Community Partnership.
- HAMSVA-Horsham and Mid Sussex Voluntary Action - went through the new volunteering web page. hamsva.org.uk
July 5th 2017
Living With Long Term Conditions
- Time To Talk - Remy Marckus, Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder (COPD) Services - Joan Kilgarriff, Team Lead for COPD
- Living With and Beyond Cancer - Ann Payne, Manager of Macmillan Information Services, QVH East Grinstead. And Russ Whales - Lead Volunteer.
- Diabetes Services- Paul Turner,Mid Sussex Wellbeing Manager.
April 5th 2017
Social Activities For Young People And Adults
- Aspire Sussex - Deirdre O'Brien, Tutor and IAG Practitioner
- Mid Sussex Age UK - Mid Sussex, Cherry Tree Centre Manager.
- Sussex Clubs For Young People - Chris Cook, Development Officer
- Mid Sussex Wellbeing Service- Paul Turner, Mid Sussex Wellbeing Manager
January 25th 2017
Carers Support Services
- Healthwatch West Sussex – Healthwatch’s role in relation to the Care Act - Katrina Broadhill, Manager Healthwatch West Sussex
- Carers Support Service West Sussex - Mary Hellyer, Carer Services and Locality Manager
- Prevention Assessment Team - Gawain Evans, Assistant Care Manager
- Young Carers Service- Jenni Fenlon, Specialist Practitioner for the Family Resource Service – Think Family and Early Help